Reprinted from the preface to the first Cheltenham & County CC scrapbook, compiled in 1932.
The Cheltenham & County Cycling Club was formed in the Autumn of 1921 as a section of the Cheltenham & County Harriers.
At a Special General Meeting held on October 14th 1921, the following officers where elected:
- Chairman: E E Bick,
- Hon. Gen. Sec.: C Brown,
- Racing Sec. and Treasurer: C V Wedbrg,
- Captain: H Vizard,
- Sub Captain: L Boyce,
- Committee: G Evans, E R White, Richard & W White.
The following were also founder members:
Messrs C J Wood, Imperingham, F Meadows & H East.
The opening run was held on Sunday October 23rd 1921 and was to Broadway. Mr C Brown, Hon. Sec. photographed the members at Teddington Cross Hands, the starting point of most of the club races which followed.
Through the energetic and enthusiastic efforts of the Secretary, together with Messrs E E Bick, C V Wedburg, O H J Tibble and others with a wide knowledge of the pastime, the progress of the club was rapid and on February 2nd 1923, at an Extraordinary General Meeting, it was decided to discontinue the affiliation to the Harriers and form the club as a separate body, to be called the Cheltenham & County Cycling Club.